It gives us immense pleasure to bring to your kind notice that Federation Internationale des Societies de Philosophie [FISP], in its meeting of Comité directeur [Steering Committee] held in Hanoi on 4th June 2006 has decided to hold an INTERIM World Philosophy Congress at New Delhi during December 15-17, 2006 together with Member Societies of FISP from India.
The theme of the Congress will be Philosophy in the Emerging Age of Global Society.
We, the Member Societies of FISP from India, therefore, cordially invite all the FISP Member Societies and their respective constituent members to please participate in the above mentioned INTERIM World Philosophy Congress at New Delhi during December 15-17, 2006. The participants are expected to arrive on 14th and stay till 20th December 2006 as on 18th and 19th December 2006 some excursions are being organized to visit Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur etc. to see Taj Mahal and some other old and magnificient heritage structures.
In conformity with the main Theme of the FISP INTERIM Congress the following themes have been decided for holding Plenary Sessions:
1. Global Society for Peace and Progress: Problems and Prospects
2. Science, Technology and Economy in shaping Global Society
3. Art, Literature and Ethics for unity of mankind
It is also proposed to hold the following Symposia on the themes listed below:
1. Future of Civilization in the Post-Modern World
2. Buddhism and Social Order
3. Is Philosophy Regional or Global?
4. Philosophy and Quality of Life in the Post-Modern World
The following Sections have been identified for contributed papers:
1. Ethics, Aesthetics and Philosophy of Value
2. Ontology, Epistemology and Phenomenology
3. Social and Political Philosophy: Freedom, Democracy and Human Rights
4. Philosophy of History, Culture and Religion
5. Philosophy of Logic, Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Cognitive Sciences
6. Philosophy in Asia and the Pacific areas
7. Philosophy in Euro-Asian World
Philosophy of the New World: North and
Philosophy of Africa and the
The papers/abstracts may be sent at the following e-mail addresses:
The entire academic programme is being put on our website. The web address will be communicated separately.
The details for accommodation will be available on website. For further queries, if any, please contact:
Mr. Sreekumaran S.
FISP Interim World Philosophy Congress
Darshan Bhawan, 36 Tughlakabad Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110 062 (India)
With our best wishes and regards,
Foto: G. Greshner